Re: virConnectOpen question.

On 09/17/2010 02:48 AM, Sharad Mishra wrote:
Hi,

	I am using virConnectOpen(const char *uri) to connect to the local
hypervisor. When uri is set to "lxc:///", an error gets logged
in /var/log/messages about failed connection. But I do not see any error
for "xen:///". The machine does not have these drivers installed, and I am
using libvirt 0.6.3. My questions are -

1. Why I see error in /var/log/messages for container and not for xen?

2. Is there a way to avoid this error? Can I check for installed drivers
before trying to connect?

Hi Sharad,

I'm not all that knowledgeable about Xen, so can't give specifics here.

But, on the host server in question, in the /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf file there are a few logging options you can change. (the path might be different on non RHEL/Fedora)

Just as a test, to see if it helps, you could change the options:

  #log_level = 3

and

  # log_outputs="3:syslog:libvirtd"

Perhaps change the log_level to something more verbose, like:

  log_level = 2

And direct all log output to a file somewhere:

  log_outputs="2:file:/var/log/libvirt/log-testing.log"

There's another option "log_filters", but you're probably best to not change that until you know what you want.

Suggesting the above, because it might at least point you in the right direction. :)

Hope that helps.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift