Re: sco 5.0.5 not booting on hard disk

On 09/15/2010 07:32 PM, Jean Michault wrote:
<snip>
Why is "boot=on" preventing my VM to boot ?

This bit I'm not sure of, but suspect the answer may be in the mailing list archives.

Have you tried using the "Search" function in the top right hand corner of the libvirt.org website?

It searches the mailing list archives. :)

Is there a way to modify the .xml file for this VM to inform libvirt to
not add "boot=on" ?

The libvirt command line utility, virsh, has an "edit" command so you can change XML definitions manually.

For example:

  (to make the connection)
  $ virsh -c qemu+ssh://myuser@myserver/system
  Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

  Type:  'help' for help with commands
         'quit' to quit

  virsh # list --all
   Id Name                 State
    1 someguest            running

  virsh # edit someguest

  (vi launches, with the XML loaded for editing)

Does that help?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Thanks