Status of libvirtd on BSD/OSX?

Hello,

I've done some research prior to this and the answer is clear that libvirtd doesn't compile on BSD or OSX, but I'd like to know more details about this, if I can have a bit of your time:

* Are there any current efforts to get libvirtd running on BSD?
* What are the blockers to getting it running?
* My main goal is really to, at first only control VirtualBox, so KVM/Xen/etc is not an issue.

I realize that KVM and some other hypervisors obviously can't be supported on BSD, but if I could just start by compiling libvirtd for VirtualBox on BSD that would be a big win in and of itself.

Thanks,
Mitchell