Best practices on backingup/restore VMs

I just moved from F11 to F13 and I'm find no information on the best
way to restore VMs. I had just copied /var/lib/libvirt (with the VMs
off) as part of my backup (I already backup all of /etc). But
virt-manager doesn't allow creations of VMs without installing.

Also, as a side note, the search feature on the website doesn't seem
to allow me to search using documentation only.

--
Fedora 13
(www.pembo13.com)