Re: Restarting network on host completely cuts off guests. Why? How to prevent?

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Chris Lalancette <clalance@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately, that is the expected behavior.  If you do:

# brctl show
# /etc/init.d/networking restart
# brctl show

I also have this problem when I net-destroy/net-start the libvirt network in order to load a new network definition (typically, new DHCP hosts). I made a script which captures the br interfaces, restarts the network, then reattaches, but it seems like there should be a way for libvirt to do this for me since I'm restarting it's network and it's the one that plugged the interfaces in. Is there something I'm missing?

Ubuntu 9.10 / libvirt 0.7.0.

.:. jeremy