libvirt on Debian - can I safely upgrade?

Hi there,

I’m currently using libvirt 0.4.6 from the Debian sources with 6 VMs running and since I’m getting random crashes of one of the VMs without any logfile entry in either host or guest (libvirt debugging not turned on as I found out about it just today) I want to upgrade to the latest version (0.7.7 - I guess) from Debian backports.

Is this huge upgrade safely possible with just switching sources to backports? Or can I expect problems? Rebooting the VMs is obligatory at the end of the upgrade?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Thomas Lutz