Re: Import/Export Support

On 09/29/2010 01:44 AM, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking into using libvirt in the near future, however an important part
of our workflow is the ability to import and export virtual machines (in
VirtualBox). Does libvirt provide an easy way to do this? I couldn't find
anything obvious on the API reference.

Hi Mitchell,

We don't have an easy API-level way of doing this (yet).  My
understanding is people still manually call external utilities for
doing the on-disk image conversions, then use the converted images.

The two tools of interest to you will probably be:

  * VBoxManage
  * qemu-img

Hope that's helpful. :)

Regards and best wishes,