Re: Proposed: always allow packets internal to an interface

On 11/08/2012 05:41 PM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
The reult is a very private IPv6 network between the virtual guest systems.
A bit of clarification on why I would want such a capability (and, in truth, I have it today but I wanted to make it more automatic and available to anyone else).

Lets say that (hypothetically) we want to set up a firewall, dmz, whatever so that we can (hypothetically)do some attack testing against the systems.

To say the least (at least in the USA) this is very much frond upon on the real Internet. So, set up a real heardware network ... this gets expensive real fast.

So, virtualization to the rescue. Set up your network configuration on some very private networks (yes, they will need their own dns, dhcp, RA, etc., etc. services).

I can do it (and have) but I thought this might be useful to others. Obviously, this update should be accompanied by some documentation updates which explain what can be done.

Gene