Re: [libvirt-glib] Correct namespace prefix for GVirConfig symbols

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 05:35:39PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> >
>> > Confused how? I was under the impression that you had been using
>> > libvirt-gconfig with vala in gnome-boxes without hitting any huge
>> > issues, but mostly missing API, is this a wrong impression I have?
>>
>>   *Mostly*, yes! During all these vacation, I lost track of which
>> change exactly triggers this issue but it was some new API you added
>> to the lib. Do you really need me to find out which one was it?
>
> Well, you're trying to push a huge invasive change, it would be helpful to
> know understand what problems exactly you are having without this change so
> that an informed decision can be made...

  I already provided the needed information: vala gets confused
because of the inconsistency in the API. Even if vala doesn't get
confused, the inconsistency is a problem and will most definitely
cause issues later so it needs to be resolved anyway. I also presented
all the possible solutions to the problem (including yours) and showed
the issues with every one of them but the one I provided. What exactly
would the exact error from valac tell you that I haven't already told?

  FYI no matter how you solve this, there is no non-invasive solution
possible since the problem is of a fundamental nature.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124