How to start a defined domain

I've create a domain called "vm01" using Virt-Manager, the GUI tool.
Now I wanna use libvirt api to control the life cycle of vm01.
It went on well with shutdown and reboot, but how to start it became a problem.

I was intended to get the virDomainPtr by using virDomainLookupByName api, and then start it using virDomainCreate api.
But it turns out that virDomainLookupByName api cannot return a virDomainPtr for a defined but not running domain.

That's my situation, what do you suggest I do now?
Thanks in advance.

2010-10-26

Lancer