Re: Initial working Mac OS X libvirt client build

On 10/23/2010 06:06 AM, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:
<snip>
> It seems to have some problems with libxml2. I've also tried with
> libxml2-2.7.7 installed by brew, but that didn't help
> Readline has always been a problem on Tiger/Leopard. I remember
> something about it being libedit in readline-compatibility mode.

It also looks like there's a specific "readline" formula in brew
too.  Would you be ok to add a dependency for it to your libvirt
formula, and try again?

It'll just mean adding this line to your libvirt.rb formula file:

  depends_on "readline"

(just add it after the existing 'depends_on "gnutls"' line)

My understanding (which might need adjustment), is that the Homebrew
readline build is normally hidden from things (keg_only).  This can
be modified for a specific formula, by adding that depends_on line.

So, that's also worth a shot I reckon, to see if it stops those
readline specific errors from turning up in the libvirt compile
run.

You ok to try it out?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift