Compiling libvirt for QEMU on OSX

Hi us,

It turns out that QEMU is available on OSX, and kept up to date.  The
new QEMU release (0.13.0) is already on there.

When trying out compilation of libvirt for QEMU on OSX (--with-qemu),
configure gives this error:

  configure: error: You must install kernel-headers in order to compile
libvirt with QEMU or LXC support

Looking in configure.ac, shows this:

  dnl
  dnl check for kernel headers required by src/bridge.c
  dnl
  if test "$with_qemu" = "yes" || test "$with_lxc" = "yes" ; then
    AC_CHECK_HEADERS([linux/param.h linux/sockios.h linux/if_bridge.h
linux/if_tun.h],,
                   AC_MSG_ERROR([You must install kernel-headers in
order to compile libvirt with QEMU or LXC support]))
  fi

(as a side note, there's no "src/bridge.c" only a "src/util/bridge.c"
 so we should probably update that comment)

So it looks like we have a hard dependency at the moment, to use Linux
bridging if QEMU is enabled.

Does anyone know how practical it would be, to change that to allow
for QEMU to be used on OSX without needing the Linux bridge bits?

I'm kind of thinking that on OSX, QEMU is probably doing it's
connection to host networking in some other way instead.  (haven't
checked)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift