Re: Need review of new vswitch concept info for technical accuracy

On 10/18/2010 04:34 PM, Laine Stump wrote:
On 10/16/2010 03:01 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
Hi all,

Working on the "Foundation Concepts" for virtual switches at the moment.

Does anyone have time/inclination to check over the concept graphics
thus far, for technical accuracy?

I think it would more clearly convey what was going on if there was a
3rd "cable" coming out of the switch in all the diagrams that went back
to the host,

It *would* be more technically accurate, but I'm kind of feeling that
for concept diagrams it could be too much detail.

> and was labeled with the bridge's name and IP address
(192.168.122.1 by default).

Still, I'll adding it in tomorrow, and we can compare before vs after,
and see what we think.  It might turn out ok.

I might have some other tweaks for the diagrams, but I'm it's difficult
to articulate in words, and I'm not sure yet if it would be better than
what you have anyway ;-)

Heh, no worries. If you can put them in words or explain to me somehow/anyhow, even if verbosely or on IRC, then we can look to work
them in.

Especially the "Routing mode" and "Non-routing" mode ones, as I'm not
sure if that's the right terminology for them:

I would use what's used in the XML documentation - "routed" and "isolated".

Done, updated the graphics and text with that a few hours ago. (but
forgot to send this email)

;)