volume default permissions

Hello all,

this is a feature request for something that was evidently discussed then dismissed a while back (c.f. https://lists.libvirt.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/5YCWWCGLFXWWOPUGANWYYT7XCQP4HFYP/)

The feature/bug in the above thread is a succinct description of the issue and I will not elaborate on it much, however this statement:
> at this point changing the defaults could surprise some people and the current behavior hasn't generated many complaints, so best to just leave it as is.

doesn't make much sense.

I get that default behaviour should be backwards compatible.

However, there is a legitimate need for this feature when using libvirt remotely (e.g via terraform over qemu:// or qemu+ssh://) as the users of the remote API don't have access to the uid's of the user and group and this means that as things are, a remote user can *only* reliably use root:root as the permission - else they need to use a hard coded magic number or have access to the host.

Explicitly specifying -1 in the XML as the user and group ids should make the volume inherit the pool ids. This is completely backwards compatible because any such value being literally interpreted in the legacy code base would have resulted in an error anyways.

What are your thoughts?

Regards,
Memet Bilgin