Re: (GSoC) Contributor Application

On Mon, Apr 03, 2023 at 09:16:22AM +0200, Peter Krempa wrote:
On Mon, Apr 03, 2023 at 12:24:09 +0530, Shiva wrote:
Greetings libvirt developers!

My name is Shiva and I am interested in contributing to the project titled
*"Metadata support for all object schemas".
*

My apologies for the delay in contact as this is my first time at GSoC and I
have missed the dates.

Is this the correct mailing list for GSoC Communication? If not please point
me to the right one (libvir-users list?).

Nice to hear from you, the information should be combined into the
proposal which you can submit to the GSoC web interface, even multiple
times!  That is preferred since we can discuss any changes in advance
before the proposal gets frozen (tomorrow).

We currently do not maintain a list of good proposals, but it should not
be difficult to find some ideas how to write a good proposal, even with
examples from other organisations from previous years.

As part of the requirements, I have successfully compiled libvirt on my Arch
Linux system and have also created a Merge Request for my first
bytesizedtask in request#245
<https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/merge_requests/245>.

Please note that libvirt uses email workflow for any non-trivial
submission. If you expect submitting more patches please make sure to
follow:

https://www.libvirt.org/hacking.html#submitting-patches