(GSoC) Contributor Application

Greetings libvirt developers!

My name is Shiva and I am interested in contributing to the project titled "Metadata support for all object schemas".

My apologies for the delay in contact as this is my first time at GSoC and I have missed the dates.

Is this the correct mailing list for GSoC Communication? If not please point me to the right one (libvir-users list?).

As part of the requirements, I have successfully compiled libvirt on my Arch Linux system and have also created a Merge Request for my first bytesizedtask in request#245.

My understanding of the project is as follows:

- Provide support for <metadata>, <title> and <description> tags for all object schemas including networks, nwfilters, interfaces, storage pools etc.

- Add set and get metadata public API functions that interact with these tags.

- Add an async event callback for each object that notifies of changes in these tags.

Please correct me if I have gotten anything wrong.

If there is an interview to be conducted, please provide me a schedule for it.

I will be happy to provide any additional information.

Thank You.

SIncerely

K Shiva Kiran

GSoC Applicant