Re: TX/RX statistics need to be swapped

On 24.11.2022 14:53, Michal Prívozník wrote:
On 11/23/22 15:12, Oleg Vasilev wrote:
Hi,

virDomainNetTypeSharesHostView[1] contains the logic where for some
interface types it swaps TX and RX values, because what TX from the
inside is RX on the outside and vice versa.

We observe a configuration where <interface type='ethernet' /> shows
swapped values in statistics, because, apparently, the values are
swapped once inside the kernel when going from the inside to the
outside, but not swapped second time because of the mentioned logic.

Is this a bug? Why in the virDomainNetTypeSharesHostView[1] ethernet is
marked as 'non-swapped'?

Yeah, this looks like a bug. Another scenario where this demonstrates
itself is QoS. I mean, for the same <bandwidth/> setting one gets
different values set for interface type network and ethernet. Let me
post a patch.
Great, thanks! I'll try to test it on our scenario to verify.

Oleg