Re: Status of iSER support.

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 16:09:35 +0200, David Schweizer wrote:
> After searching the official documentation, wiki and the code on gitlab,
> i still can not find any useful information about how to handle iSER
> targets with libvirt. I did find some RFCs for patches on this mailing
> list, but it seems none of them have been merged. There is also a
> somewhat related issue open on gitlab
> (https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/issues/16).
>
> So effectively my question is the following:
> Is libvirt currently capable of supporting iSER targets as either
> storage pools or as virtio device and if not, is an implementation of
> such support planned?

The following patchset attempts to implement iser transport for disk
source specification:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2020-April/msg01247.html

It's fairly recent so you can give it a try and ideally provide a
'Tested-by:'. I don't have a RDMA setup handy so I can't test it and
thus can provide a code-only review.

In case of iSCSI storage pools I don't think that anybody is working on
iser support.