Re: RFC filesystem pool proposal description.

28.04.2016 20:29, Daniel P. Berrange пишет:

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 07:57:14PM +0300, Olga Krishtal wrote:
In this proposal description we would like to introduce a separate pool
type:fspool. Fspool provides and manages filesystems.
Below are listed possible examples of fspool, depending on source type:
volume, directory or network.
I'm struggling a little to understand what the overal purpose is
here. Can you step back a level and describe the overall problem
you're facing and what your use cases / goals are for this proposal.

Regards,
Daniel

The main purpose of this is to have a generic API to manage filesystems similar to storage API and be able to use these filesystems in domain XMLs defining containers. So ,it is a kind of abstraction of filesystem sources and backends. Also there can be some indirect benefits but they are not the aim.

Maxim