Re: [libvirt] networking with two hosts

Andreas Rittershofer napsal(a):

My problem is:
1.) VM1 running on host A must have network access to VM3 when VM3 is running on host B by default _and_
2.) when VM3 is running on host A because host B failed.

In some of my configurations 1.) worked but 2.) not, in some other configurations 2.) worked but 1.) not.

I must have missed some detail ...

I do not see the problem. With the bridged scenario every VM has direct access to the physical network and it is not important on which host it runs. If the VMs are running on the same host, their ethernet frames will just "turn around" in the bridge interface and if they are running on different hosts they will go thru the real ethernet.

State 1)