Re: Concepts in storage management

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
 http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2007-September/msg00119.html

Since that thread is split across two months, can I bring to everyone's attention the post I made yesterday:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2007-October/msg00057.html

In particular the concept at the end that we shouldn't even try to support every possible remote storage, but instead allow the administrator to write "scriptlets" (small shell scripts with a well-defined input & output) to perform a set of operations:

----- /etc/libvirtd.conf -------------------

allocate partition: "lvcreate -L %size -n %name XenVolGroup"
list partitions: "lvs --xml"

We can provide sample scriptlets for different operating systems and storage configurations.

Rich.