Re: QEMU without KVM

Steven W. Moyer wrote:
Thanks Rich!

It was running, but not as a system daemon (I'm not
even really sure how it started).

If you are using the CVS version then there is much more help given in the output of libvirt_qemud --help, including paths to where it thinks all the communication sockets should be.

Now I can manage QEMU
guests with virt-manager ... I'm still working on
the network (seem to be missing a package that allows
virtual bridging).

Do you get an error message?

I'm also working on a end-to-end full virtualization
how-to (since in total, I believe this to be much better
than VMware).  Would anyone be interested in providing
feedback for it?

Yes, if you send it here I'll be happy to give you feedback.

Rich.