Re: Remote patch, 2007-02-28

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 11:25 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

So far, the release model for libvirt (correct me if I'm wrong) has been that you periodically bundle up the latest version of libvirt and put it on the website. There's no experimental branch where we can place things like a libvirt remote patch with the proviso that at some point later we can say "sorry, that didn't work".

	I'd be happy to see this stuff in CVS on a "remote branch", but it
would be quite a pain for you to maintain a branch in CVS.

It's probably about the same work that I'm doing now - periodically pulling in CVS commits into git and resolving conflicts (there usually aren't many, and so far none have been complex).

But yes, really I was talking about what the libvirt policy is / should be on experimental stuff.

Rich.

--
Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/
64 Baker Street, London, W1U 7DF     Mobile: +44 7866 314 421