Re: Re: support for hvm guests

Karel Zak wrote:
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 11:53:02AM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Don't think I want to waste anymore time with this bug since the http / sexp interface is going away - which brings me to a question. Why is libvirt still using this interface and not xmlrpc? Perhaps my time would be better spent moving libvirt to this interface. I would like to submit the hvm patch for libvirt but can't reliably test it at this point.
wrt XML-RPC, I think I'm to blame for that. I've not gotten around to modifying the internals of libvirt to switch between XML-RPC/S-Expression. I'd suggest just reverting the xend_post to the older code so you can keep making progress.

 Note, I've commited some XMP-RPC tests and minor xml/xmlrpc code
 changes to libvirt. It seems that Anthony's xmlrpc code works fine
 against Python SimpleXMLRPCServer. For more details see CVS.

As if there ever was any doubt ;-)

I ran most of that code through valgrind and tested it against the Xend XML-RPC support. The remaining work should be just plumbing the libvir functions to use the XML-RPC functions. The hardest part is probably dealing with the S-Expressions since in XML-RPC they're going to be returned as an Array instead of a string which means someone needs to implement an XmlRpcArray -> struct sexpr conversion function.

The other outstanding issue is that I used libxml2's nanoHttp interface which won't work for a domain socket. I think we may need to implement our own HTTP code (or just borrow the code in the S-Expression interface code).

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

    Karel