Re: Using gitlab labels for issues and MRs

On Thursday, 14 May 2020 17:49:55 CEST Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> For libvirt I figured it was useful to distinguish different types of
> request too
>
>  - bug  - undesirable behaviour
>  - enhancement  - request for new feature
>  - documentation - improvement to docs
>  - support - end user usage query
>  - discussion - some topic focused discussion (ie this email thread :-)

Interesting, that means categorizing them also from a "different axis".

- "bug" vs "enhancement": I'm not sure we need both, maybe we can use
  only "enhancement" to replace the "RFE" prefix used in issues

- "documentation": definitely something I had in mind, apparently forgot
  to add it to my list -- done now

- "support": I think that user questions (neither bugs nor RFEs) should
  be closed, and redirecting users to this list; I personally do not
  like how sometimes the issue trackers in github/gitlab projects turn
  into user forums, and it becomes really hard to look for issues

- "discussion": similar issue than "support" IMHO

> BTW, you can create labels at the organization level and they apply to
> all projects. So these I created at the org
>
>   https://gitlab.com/groups/libvirt/-/labels
>
> and then others I created at the project
>
>   https://gitlab.com/libvirt/libvirt/-/labels
>
> I imagine the ones you suggest are probably mostly project level

Yes, that's what I had in mind.

Thanks,
--
Pino Toscano

[Index of Archives]     [Virt Tools]     [Libvirt Users]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]