Re: Using gitlab labels for issues and MRs

Hi!

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 5:30 PM Pino Toscano <ptoscano@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> now that we've been using gitlab as primary source for issues and merge
> requests, maybe we can start using labels to categorize them.
> I never used them myself, so personally it would be a small thing to
> learn; considering the traffic of libosinfo issues & MRs is not high,
> I think we could manage to use them. What do you guys think about this?

Good idea.

> If you think it is worth, we can define them organization-wide, and
> my proposals are the following:
> - tests -- for things related mainly to tests/test suite
> - osxml -- mainly for the OS XML files in osinfo-db, including changes
>   to the schema
> - unattented-install -- for anything related to unattended installation
>   (scripts, API, tooling, etc)
> - tools -- for things related to tools, be it osinfo-db-tools or the
>   ones in libosinfo
> - ci -- for CI config or scripts used by CI
> - api -- mainly for libosinfo changes that require new public APIs
>
> Of course the above list is not comprehensive, however IMHO it can be
> a good start.

Have you considered using GitLab labels for enforcing the development
workflow? I mean by adding labels such as "needs-work",
"needs-review", "needs-information", etc..

Cheers!
Felipe.

> --
> Pino Toscano

[Index of Archives]     [Virt Tools]     [Libvirt Users]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]