Re: moving kickstart forward

On this one, reference back to what I posted to Chris just a minute ago.  USB is tricky.
1.  using USB to install everything?  this requires setting up the usb drive properly.
2.  using USB to only host the kickstart file, with the ISO on dvd or a network share is pretty easy though.

How to install from USB:
1.  First thing to note is that you MUST make the iso bootable by usb.

#make sure the iso is bootable on USB devices

isohybrid ${filename}.iso

implantisomd5 ${filename}.iso

2.  I'm attaching a script to push an iso to a usb drive.  Sorry, I had to do this on a windows machine.  probably has been window-ized.

3.  See my %pre section provided to Chris L a few posts back.

Andrew Simpson

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Chris Lumens <clumens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Per requirements our application is installed standalone via DVD.
> %pre : we only do --log= .  No custom stuff done here.
> %post : we use --log= and this is where we do the custom software installation and configuration.

What kind of custom installation are you doing that prevents using the
repo command with extra stuff in the %packages section?  Is there
anything we could do to let this work for you?

> I have tried using a USB stick but, KS or anaconda get lost on where the files are when going to %post.  It would be nice if this work like the DVD install.

Hm, could you give me more information on what's happening here?
Thanks!

- Chris