Re: minimal installation and anaconda gui

Ah, I see.

Default is to start the install in graphical mode. So, what you want is
the option "text" on a single line in your kickstart file.

Here's the anaconda guide to kickstart options. They describe every
option in detail:

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html

Cheers,
Harry