Re: Crete Volgroup from anaconda ks using the whole disk

Hi David,
The reason behind this question is I want to install a Virtual Server. This server will have 2 disks, the first one for /boot and mapped to a lv in the physical server, the second disk will be for system and /home and will be mapped to a lv in the physical server also.
I know /home will grow quickly due to the use of the server. So if I create the PV and VG on a partition (vdb1) when I need extend the disk I need to add new partitions, in a few extends I will have many partitions on the disk or many new disks in the virtual server. In the other hand If I create the PV and VG on the device (vdb) I just need to extend the LV in the physical server, ensure the virtual server recognizes the new space on the disk and pvextend, vgextend and lvextend.

Am I wrong ?

Thanks for your time :)

--
Francisco Javier Lloreda