From: Michael Hennebry <hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 22:19:55
To: <kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: kickstart vs. /etc/login.defs

I've encountered two problems:
How to specify the kickstart file.
How, in the kickstart file does one affect /etc/login.defs .
According to fedora, a kickstart file is the right way to do what I want.
There is no specific command to affect /etc/login.defs .
>From what I have read, %post runs too late:
Fake users have already been assigned in the range 500..999 .
It seems to me that %pre runs too soon, before partitions are even
assigned.
The %pre example has me really confused.
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Guide/s1-kic
kstart2-preinstallconfig.html
The example writes out a partioning scheme,
but to work / , /bin and /tmp must already exist.
What is going on?

How do I specify the kickstart file?
I plan to use a minimal bootable CD and a DVD image on a hard drive.
One technique mentioned was to put ks.cfg in a
correct directory and let anaconda find it.
That technique would seem to require inserting it into an iso file.
I must be missing something.
The other technique involves editing a boot command.
I've seen two syntaxes:
linux ks=hd:/device/dir/ks.cfg
linux ks=hd:partition/path/ks.cfg
If I do it that way, which boot sequence do I interrupt?
As I understand it, two boot sequences,
one to the CD and the other to the DVD iso file.
Is that correct?

--
Michael   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
whom I teach not to run with scissors,