Re: Installing all packages using kickstart

On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 11:52 +0000, Rich Boyce wrote:
> On 17/12/11 05:08, Sérgio Basto wrote:

> >> That's no problem. You can just add the new kernel package to the RPMS
> >> folder, cd to the folder that *contains* the repodata folder, and run
> >> 'createrepo -d update .'
> >>
> >> If that doesn't work, you may need to move the repodata folder out of
> >> the way, and run 'createrepo -d .' instead. If it complains about the
> >> groups, you can find the group file in the old repodata folder.
> >
> > I don't understand what you suggest
> > I want a bootable image of Fedora updated , the idea of have a fedora
> > 16.1 DVD .
>
> Oh, sorry - I thought you wanted a repository, because you said you
> wanted a private mirror. I must admit I didn't read the whole thread.
>
> My suggestion would be valid if you were using a network-connected
> kickstart installation.

Hi,
yeah I want private mirror , that could be copied to a usb-disk and use
off-line or that I could use in my local lan .
With this "private mirror" and a boot image with kernel updated.
And now already, installation use updated packages from updates in
process of install. When first install finish I have a Fedora updated,
no more updated need in that day.

>From yours suggestion
"That's no problem. You can just add the new kernel package to the RPMS
folder, cd to the folder that *contains* the repodata folder, and run
'createrepo -d update .' "
http://mirrors.eu.kernel.org/fedora/releases/16/Fedora/x86_64/os/images/boot.iso
and image inside boot.iso are the old kernel from Fedora 16 release , I
prefer and I odd cases I need, to boot with an updated kernel.
The small detail with pungi is regenerate files from
fedora/releases/16/Fedora/x86_64/os/,  os/images/ and os/isolinux/

So I think from what understand, just creterepo , can't do the solution.
preupgrade also, already , from my tests , do a installation with
updates.
My main goal is save time on installation and if someone appears with a
computer, I can install and update it in one shot.

Thanks,

--
Sérgio M. B.