Re: Setting gconf/dconf keys in kickstart

On 08/03/2011 05:20 PM, Hugh Brown wrote:
[snip]
The gdm user doesn't have write access to /etc/gconf, you can probably
leave off the --direct --config-source...

Thanks, that makes total sense now that you point it out to me.

sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/sound/event_sounds false

should do it.

Unfortunately not. The thing is that the script below works if I include it with sh /tmp/gdm_disable_sound.sh in %post.

----8<---
su - gdm -s /bin/bash --command='
for line in `dbus-launch`; do export "$line"; done;
/usr/libexec/dconf-service &
GSETTINGS_BACKEND=dconf gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.sound event-sounds false;
exit' 2> /dev/null
----8<---

But once %post is finished the installer never jumps to the final reboot screen. Only with ctrl-c will it end and reboot. Without the script it jumps to the final reboot screen fine. No idea what in the script is causing that but I assume I need to use the proper su or sudo incantation. Hints most appreciated.

Regards,
Patrick