Re: Detecting amount of memory?

Another way to do this is grep for the zone info from dmesg and do the calcs on that info. You need to account for low mem as well which is usually about 800+kb. Also dma etc. I can't remember if dmidecode is available during a kickstart but you could also run that and grep for the dimms (Size: ) should let you see what I mean assuming your not building VMs.

Sent from my iPod