Re: conflicting packages in kickstart

Hi Christian, I had a similar issue when using rpms I created. To get them
to install properly I needed to set the priority with yum priorities.

Here is an article that discusses how to do so for RPM Forge.  Look under
Point 2.  Where it says "2.1. Priorities" on the following link.

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge

I would do this in the %post section
################
%post
yum install yum-plugin-priorities

cat <<EOF>> /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/priorities.conf
[main]
enabled=1
EOF

cat <<EOF>> /etc/my-custom-yum-repo.repo
 repo --name=csddev
--baseurl=http://amigo:82/home:/csd:/branches:/MeeGo:/1.0:/Core/ARM_Cross/
--save --debuginfo --source
repo --name=core  --baseurl=http://amigo:82/MeeGo:/1.0:/Core/ARM_Cross
 --save --debuginfo --source
priority=1
 EOF

## Then install the package
Yum erase    the-package-I-don't-want
Yum install my-special-package-with-a-duplicate-name

I hope that helps.

Greg