Re: Location of installation media no longer /tmp/cdrom?

John Summerfield wrote:
Pat wrote:
--- kickstart-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

From: Nicholas Byrne <nicholas.byrne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
<kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:04:07 +0100
Subject: Re: Location of installation media no
longer /tmp/cdrom?

see this thread -

https://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2007-May/msg00007.html.
It's a bug, the cdrom drive is being unmounted to
early in the ks
process, it manifests itself most commonly on "eject
only" mechanism
type drives because the mount request normally
retracts the draw on
capable devices which is also probably why it wasn't
picked up during
testing.
To fix manually, open up stage2.img and change
dispatch.py, swapping the
lines:

("methodcomplete", doMethodComplete, ),
("dopostaction", doPostAction, ),

for

("dopostaction", doPostAction, ),
("methodcomplete", doMethodComplete, ),

Thanks for the tip, I tried editing the stage2.img and
creating a new install CD, however I received the
following error during the install (from my notes)
with that CD:

No CentOS CD was found which matches your boot media.
Please insert the CentOS CD and press OK to retry.

Perhaps you should grep the source tree to see where that message comes from, it seems well within your capabilities.

Also, the commandline for mkisofs is important. I'm wondering whether there is some little hidden file or directory you missed.

Maybe your missing the .discinfo file
Hope it helps. :)