Re: Specifying values dynamically using pre section

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 09:43, Tom Miller wrote:
> My question is this.
>
> 1. Is there support in netboot image for a command line parm something like
> this:
> ksmacaddr = 00:00:54:4a:34:9e  instead of ksdevice = eth20
>
> Note: I could use the %pre and ifconfg -a to find out what which nic card
> to put in the kickstart file, but that still does not help me.  The netboot
> image runs before kicstart %pre would be involked and I have to know the
> right nic name to pass to netboot.img.

I don't know if there is this specifically.  I do know that you can do
ksdevice=link and that will use whichever nic actually has link to it.  Not
sure if this helps.  I'll poke at some anaconda folks and see if there is a
way to specify the macaddr to use for the ksdevice.

GPG Public Key          (geek.j2solutions.net/jkeating.j2solutions.pub