Re: comps RPM

Matt Sturtz wrote:
On a somewhat related note (to my previous question), is there a
simple procedure documented someplace for rebuilding the comps.rpm
file with the new package information?  Seems like this should be
part of my package update process...

I've still to figure out what value this RPM actually offers. What is its
history, and what is it supposed to do?

I guess I may be speaking of the rpmdb package -- it's the database RPM
uses when offering "suggestions" to resolve deps.  Clearly it's not an
important issue, but I thought it'd still be worth solving...

I used to keep various rpmdbs around. But then Seth showed me the light in the form of repoquery in the yum-utils package. At least from fc4...

../C
--
These are not the droids you're looking for. - Obi-Wan Kenobi