Re: genhdlist issue

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Matt Sturtz wrote:

I thought genhdlist simply produced an ordered package list, such that the comps.xml could specify the package name, which could be matched in the list to an exact version, etc? What could be going wrong here?

(This question seems to arise once every few months; I'm almost tempted to hunt down the issue on anaconda's pakage order code)

RHEL3 has a bug/feature whereby anaconda does not re-order package lists generated by genhdlist when necessary.

This mail:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-August/msg00465.html

details the "genhdlist; pkgorder; genhdlist" steps required.

Cheers,
Phil