Re: kiskstart installation does not asks for network configuration

Why only one line in the top section? And it's not complete. Maybe it doesn't like the unknown video card. What does anaconda-ks.cfg look like when you do a manual install?

If it only skips the network configuration screen, it's ususally because the network card is not recognized. Does a manual install recognize the card?

Dan Trainor wrote:

Susant Padhi wrote:
Hi all,

Following is my kickstart file where I am not written for network
configuration parameter. When I am using this kickstart file, the
anaconda skips the network configuration screen. What I am doing wrong
here?

------------------
KICKSTART FILE
-------------------

xconfig --depth=16 --resolution=800x600 --defaultdesktop=GNOME
--startxonboot
#Package install information
%packages --resolvedeps
@ gnome-desktop
@ dialup
@ base-x
@ sql-server
@ editors
@ printing
@ web-server
@ graphical-internet
grub
kernel
e2fsprogs
%post
if [ -z  "` grep ServerFlags /etc/X11/xorg.conf`" >/dev/null 2>&1 ];
then
   cat /usr/bin/x.conf >> /etc/X11/xorg.conf
fi
rm /usr/bin/x.conf
chkconfig --level 345 httpd on
chkconfig --level 345 mysqld on
chkconfig --level 345 xinetd on

Please help.

regards
Susant

Susant -

As far as I understand Kicksart (and I may be wrong here), it is meant
to be completely automated.  The whole idea surrounding a Kickstart
install is that there is no outside interaction needed in order to get
the install done, after initial configuration of said kickstart file and
friends.

That being the case, I don't think that you can break in the middle of a
kickstart for configuration of something such as this.  However, you can
automate the process by taking a look at:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html

...with emphasis on the 'network' directive.

Hope that helps
-dant