Overriding the default install of @Core and @Base

Hello, all -

I had a question regarding the, from what I can see, forced install of the @Core and @Base groups.

According to http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/s1-kickstart2-packageselection.html:

"In most cases, it is only necessary to list the desired groups and not individual packages. Note that the Core and Base groups are always selected by default, so it is not necessary to specify them in the %packages section."

That's not what I want. I'm a bit picky about my conf files, and want to take the files listed as "installed" in my /root/install.log file, and place them in my kickstart %packages section. There are some items in the @Base and @Core groups that I do not want/need installed, so I'd rather specify item by item explicitly what I WANT to install, not what I DON'T want to install. I want to make this an "inclusive" install, rather than an "exclusive" install, if that makes sense.

If anyone here has battled with trying to make the perfect install situation, you know what I'm talking about ;) Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-dant