Problem with network installation

I ran into an odd problem with a network installation. I am hoping someone can provide some insight.

I was starting the network installation from grub (as opposed to some form of PXE). In the kickstart file, I specified NFS as the method to get the installation files. The client booted into the installation kernel, which it obtained from the same server with tftp. However, the kickstart stopped, claiming it could not mount the repository directory. I tried using http, but it claimed it could not find the directory. So next I booted into rescue mode, using the same installation kernel from the network server. During its process, it asks me how to get the OS files. I again specify NFS. It again fails. I again fall back to http. This time it succeeds. Once the system is booted into rescue mode, I tried NFS mounting the repository from the kickstart server. This time the NFS mount succeeds. I'm perplexed.

I checked the spelling of the NFS server and directory in the kickstart file. It is the same that I had used to successfully kickstart other servers. (Copied from another kickstart file in fact.) I tried this process a number of times and in different orders, so I don't think it is a case that hitting the server the fourth time happened to be the charm. I'm still perplexed.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going on here?

Thanks.

Andrew Robinson