Re: Kickstart bootdisk

Jesse Keating wrote:

On Thursday 12 August 2004 07:19, David Goss wrote:

I am having a great deal of trouble trying to figure out how to make a
boot floppy for a Core 2 install. Everything that I have tried has
either given me an image to big for a floppy ( all the images on the
Core 2 disks ) or a message that the boot to floppy option has been
disabled in Core 2 ( mkbootdisk /dev/fd0 `uname -r`). What have I
missed???¿¿¿

Bootfloppies don't work w/ FC2. The kernel is far far too big. However there are boot images for USB fobs, for zip disks, for flash media, etc etc... but not floppy.

You may want to become familiar with some of the other anaconda install methods because of kernel size issue that Jesse pointed out. If you are upgrading a system you can use a grub entry like so
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-May/msg05948.html
All you have to do is have an NFS, ftp, or html server available with the ISOs. If you have a partition on the same computer that will not be formatted during install, then you can place the ISOs there. Anaconda will mount each ISO as required. It's so nice. You can startup an install and do something else...like go to sleep and reboot in the morning!

Greg Morgan