RE: Trouble with http kickstart install - cannot locate netstg2.img

I have checked the kickstart file and is seems alright. The permissions
are fine on the entire install tree. I've done other installs via
(non-http) and it worked ok.

After sending the message to the list I realized that perhaps it was a
networking issue as my HTTP server was not logging any of the hits for
the install images, but it was logging the request to grab the kickstart
config file.

I have 2 NIC cards, and I was telling the kickstart to use Eth1 to go
get the install images, and rpm's, but I think this may have conflicted
with the networking info I had in the actual kickstart config. The ks
config was attempting to set

I removed the networking info from the ks config, and when prompted,
told the system to use Eth0 when to get the install images and it worked
fine. I'm not 100% what's going on, but it did work and I was able to
install via http.

Thanks for responding.

Chris

PS Sorry about the HTML mail. It's the way my email program is set up.
I'll fiddle with it when I get a chance. I actually need it that way for
some other things at work.