From: Carlos Villegas [mailto:villegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 8:20 AM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Second stage does not match boot disk error

I'm not sure on that anaconda, but in 9.2 (the one in FC1), there
are some files called .buildstamp in stage2.img and similar
(mount the image and do an ls -a) it contains some stuff, like
timestamp, release name, version...) they must match the one on
the boot media (initd.img).

Carlos

> I am attempting to build a RedHat AS 2.1 Update 2 (2.4.9-e.24) boot.iso
disk
> with the 1.18k megaraid driver included in it to install on many Dell PE
> 1750s with the Perc 4/Di RAID cards. I know there are some driver disks
> available for the megaraid driver, but driver disks just add too much
> complexity for the sometimes non-technical staff that has to do the final
> install of these servers.
>
> Whenever I use my new boot disk, I get the following error message:
>
> "The second stage of the install which you have selected does not match
the
> boot disk which you are using. I am going to reboot your system now."
>
> Does anyone have any idea where this is coming from? Or how Anaconda
> determines a match between boot and 2nd stage media? It seems to come
> shortly after the netstg1.img file is downloaded to the 1750 being built.
> (virtual console output at the end of this message).
>
> Here is the long version of what I've done to build the new images:
> - download the megaraid drivers (1.18k) and compile against 2.4.9-e.24BOOT
> using DKMS per linux.dell.com.
>
> -Using the basic procedure outlined at
> http://www.puschitz.com/Kickstart.shtml I added the following to
> isolinux/initrd.img, RedHat/base/stage2.img, RedHat/base/netstg1.img:
>   - added new megaraid.o to modules.cgz
>   - added the following line to the pcitable:
>     0x1028  0x000f  "megaraid"      "Dell|PowerEdge Expandable RAID
> Controller 4/Di"
>
> Sorry for the long email, but here's the console output when I get this
> message:
> * transferring
> ftp://<my.kickstartserver.com>/kickstart/as_2.1u2/Redhat/base/updates.img
> a fd
> * transferring

ftp://<my.kickstartserver.com>/kickstart/as_2.1u2/disc1/Redhat/base/updates.