kernel-smp rpm as a dependency?

During a redhat 7.2 kickstart install, how does one ensure that both
the kernel and kernel-smp rpms get installed prior to a given rpm?

In my case, I am installing an e1000 rpm which has a dependency
on kernel (but not kernel-smp), so I observe the following
order of installation:

kernel
e1000
kernel-smp

If e1000 gets installed before kernel-smp, the driver doesn't get
installed correctly into kernel-smp (because of the extra magic
being done by the e1000 postinstall script).

I want my install to work on both UP and SMP machines, so I don't
think adding kernel-smp as a dependency to the e1000 rpm is the
right thing to do.

Any way to do this?

Thanks,

--Steve,