Re: How to make kickstart probe network adapter automaticially

george_king said:
> I am working to use kickstart to install a machine which has more than one
> network adapters. For some reason, I don't know the exact adapter name for
> network installation. I know there is an option "ks=link" can make
> kickstart
> to use first network adapter who have a link. But  there is a limitation
> for
> "ks=link".  For example, if I config eth1 as install adapter,  I have to
> make sure that eth0 don't have a link. It means that I have to disconnect
> eth0 from network.  Does kickstart have a option like "ks=dhcp" or
> "ks=<MAC>"  to make kickstart use first adapter have a DHCP IP or have the
> special Mac address?

Hi,

I usually use ksdevice=eth1 to do my installs over eth1 which is installed
on a build/backup network.  Not sure if that option will help you in any
way though.  My builds configure that device automatically via DHCP and I
just edit my DHCP conf for each build and put in the MAC address so only
that server will get an IP on that network (which is non routable and
staticly assigned)

Hope that helps some.

Zate
--