RE: preinstall section - how to backup ssh keys?

Create a small background process in %pre.

E.g.

%pre

mount whatever to get my / if not mounted
mkdir /tmp/ssh
cp /mountpoint/etc/ssh/* /tmp/ssh
umount /mountpoint
while :
do
	if [ -d /mnt/sysimage/etc/ssh ]
	then
		sleep 10 # let ssh rpm finish any post work
		cp -f /tmp/ssh/* /mnt/sysimage/etc/ssh
		break
	fi
	sleep 1
done &

This will loop forever until /mnt/sysimage/etc/ssh exists as part of the ssh rpm
install.  Then the files will be copied over.  I am doing something similar for
remote monitoring.