RE: preinstall section - how to backup ssh keys?

Also not an expert...

The preinstall isn't in a chroot'd environment, meaning that /etc/ssh isn't
the location of the original ssh keys (I think that the original system is
mounted as /mnt/sysimage [or something similar]).

You can also add a flag to get a postscript executed in a non'chrooted
environment.  I think the parameter is something like --no-chroot

Hope this helps

David Aikema