preinstall section - how to backup ssh keys?

I'm trying to backup the ssh keys on a server to be rekickstarted but I am having trouble. Can someone suggest a "pre" and "post" section to backup the keys?

Right now i'm trying to backup the keys to /tmp during the "pre" section and then copy them back in the "post" section. But, the files don't seem to be copied:
pre section:
/bin/mkdir /tmp/sshkeys
/bin/cp /etc/ssh/ssh_host* /tmp/sshkeys

post section:
/bin/cp -rp /tmp/sshkeys /root
cp /root/sshkeys/* /etc/ssh

Can anyone tell me why the above is not backing up the ssh keys? I don't think it even copies the original sshkeys to /tmp/sshkeys.

Jeff

Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups! Get downloads, videos, and more here. http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx