Re: SMS for Linux?

Piotr,

Two possibilities:

1) For inventory purposes, you can run the official AMT tool for Unix
   machines.  https://amt.web.lucent.com/unix/   I believe this
   tool will without modification on Linux machines.

2) For software updates, I recomment "autoupdate."  This package is
   available from exptools at
   http://exptools.web.lucent.com/cgi-bin/get_package/ilinux/autoupdate.tar.gz
   When this package is installed, you can run the "autodld" command.
   It will check all the RPM files on your machine and compare them
   with the versions on our RedHat mirror at ftp.hobl.lucent.com.  If
   there are new versions available, they will be downloaded and installed

   There other tools similar to autoupdate (yum, apt-rpm, autrpm,
   etc.).  Autoupdate is the one I happen to be familiar with, and it
   works pretty well.

--
Peter Fales			  Lucent Technologies, Room 1C-436
N9IYJ            		  2000 N Naperville Rd PO Box 3033